Porsche has been producing some of the most-impressive and recognisable sports cars for the last century.
Their designs have broken world records and won many awards since they first started manufacturing automobiles.
With that in mind, we’re going to present you with a brief history of Porsche in this short post today.
- Porsche was founded in 1931 by Ferdinand Porsche in Stuttgart Germany.
- The first ever car they produced was called the 365. It was cheap because the design included engine parts and components from the Volkswagen Beetle. Germany had a lot of these knocking around at the time.
- In 1964, Porsche released their first ever 911 model. While it didn’t achieve amazing levels of sales at the time, the design has improved significantly since then. It has now become their most-popular model.
- By 1976, Porsche released their 924 model. It was discontinued after a short amount of time, but many collectors consider it to be a classic today.
- During the 1990s, Porsche their 968 model onto the market. Again, this one didn’t stay in production for long, but it helped to pave the way for their more successful Boxster.
- At their 50th anniversary party in 2013, Porsche announced they had sold more than 820,000 911 models since the car first reached the market.
Now you know a little more about the interesting history of Porsche, you should be in a better position to appreciate the effort and hard work that goes into their models.